Black Friday is soon upon us. The annual shopping day where retailers offer huge discounts and savvy shoppers can bag themselves a bargain. Black Friday has routinely been the busiest shopping day of the year for a number of years now and this year is not set to be different. While retailers are knows for slashing prices on Black Friday, here is how to grab an even bargain when shopping online.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday is an informal name for the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, which is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November.
This year it falls on 27 November.
How to get double discount
Unlike previous years, due to the various lockdowns, this years Black Friday deals are mostly going to be found online. This means that you can shop for great deals from the comfort of your own sofa. But it also means that you are able to bag yourselves even bigger discounts by using cashback websites.
Below are the following steps to get further discounts on your online shopping:
- Sign up to a cashback website – the best two cashback websites are topcashback and quidco. (If you sign up via my link we both get money).
- Search – Once logged in to your account on topcashback or quidco, search for the retailer you want to purchase your item from.
- Click through to the retailer’s website – once you’ve searched for your retailer, they’ll be a link which takes you to that retailers website. Click on the link and you’ll automatically be redirected.
- Shop as normal – Browse the retailer’s website as normal and purchase your item as you normally would
- Sit back, relax and wait for your cashback – Topcashback and Quidco will get in touch with the retailers and claim the cashback for you. There is no effort on your part. You should see the money appear in your Topcashback or Quidco accounts within a few weeks.
It is really that simple.
I personally use cashback websites every time I shop online. It is basically free money. Instead of retailers paying marketers/advertisers to drive traffic to their websites, they are basically paying you the marketing fee. That’s how I look at cashback websites.
And for those of you who love a coupon, why don’t you sign up to Honey. You get all the coupons and discount codes in one place and could help you save even more!
So there you have it. If you are looking to score a deal this Black Friday, or are looking to buy online at any point, use a cashback website. It could help you save hundreds or even thousands!