As the famous saying goes ‘nothing is certain but death an taxes.’ It seems that we now can add a third item to the list, increasing train prices. It simply amazes me to see how rapidly train prices go up every year. And with every passing year, more and more of my hard earned money goes towards paying higher costs on the underground. The only way to reduce your travel is to buy an annual ticket which are usually priced at a discount of 15-30% compared to tickets that are bought on a monthly or weekly basis. But let’s face it, no one has the money to pay over £1,000 up front for an annual card.
Thankfully for someone like me, CommuterClub.co.uk has come up with an innovative solution to tackling the ever increasing costs rail fares. CommuterClub helps commuters like you and I to save money by making the big discounts of Annual public transport tickets affordable through its low cost payment plans.
What is CommuterClub?
In short, CommuterClub wants to make commuting cheaper and more convenient in the UK through its revolutionary payment plan. It wants to make the big discounts that are currently only available to annual ticket holders available to people that wish to buy tickets on a monthly basis. It wants to make commuting more affordable .
CommuterClub’s target market is regular commuters who could save by switching to an Annual from either Pay-as-you-Go, Weekly or Monthly tickets. CommuterClub’s core proposition to this market is to offer a new way to save by making the most discounted ticket affordable and convenient, while also allowing a consumer to lock in fares for 12 months and therefore delay the annual fare rise.
How CommuterClub works
CommuterClub makes the most discounted ticket on offer, the annual ticket, more convenient and affordable to commuters through a simple payment plan.
Across the UK, Annual tickets offer a discount of up to 15% off a monthly travel card and a 30% discount compared to weekly travel cards. But the problem is annual travel cards cost upwards of £1500 to buy in one go thus making them unaffordable to many people.
In essence CommuterClub helps you get this discount by purchasing tickets through them whilst you still have the convenience of paying for your rail fare on a monthly basis.
The way to get these discounted tickets is easy. Simply go to the CommuterClub website and you are able to complete a purchase in under 5 minutes. No need to queue with TfL!
Once you make the purchase and set up your monthly direct debit, you get a brand new ticket by post and you can start using it within 2 days of an order.
The one great thing about CommuterClub is that there are no lock ins. So if you ever change your mind, you can cancel anytime without a penalty. You win if you stay the full year and you win even if you cancel halfway.
How much money you can save using CommuterClub?
The savings you make depends on what type of ticket you currently have. Below is the savings you can make with commuter club based on different types of tickets. (The following prices are based on a Zone 1-4 ticket)
1. Weekly basis Savings – If you don’t buy an annual ticket and have money to buy only weekly tickets, you will be paying approx £2460 a year. But if you buy your tickets using CommuterClub, you will only be paying £1998 a year thus saving you a whopping £462 a year!
In essence, your annual travel cost is the equivalent of just 40 Weeklies for a year of travel. Thus you get 13 weeks of free travel.
2. Monthly basis savings – In comparison to buying monthly tickets, you save up to £200 using CommuterClub. If you include holidays where you don’t buy any tickets, you still save up to £113 a year!
In addition, you can get £20 off by signing up using this link.
How safe is CommuterClub?
Sometimes when something is too good to be true, it usually turns out to be a scam. But in this case, CommuterClub really does help you to save money.
CommuterClub is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority which makes it pretty safe.
I have been using CommuterClub now for the past 18 months and all I can say is that it has saved me a lot of money!
In short, commuterclub is not a scam. The platform is trusted by over 10,000 commuters throughout the UK and has a 97% positive trust rating on Feefo. So no need to worry, you will be in good hands.
Advantages of using CommuterClub
- Savings with one month free versus buying Monthlies (and much more compared to Weeklies).
- Additional savings from locking in fares for 12 months and avoiding the annual January fare rise.
- Convenience of a regular monthly Direct Debit allowing commuters to avoid the hassle of frequent renewals and top-ups – by buying your ticket using CommuterClub, you never have to queue for Top-Ups Again.
- Receive a free Gold Card, providing 1/3 off rail travel in SE England and access to 1000s of 2for1 voucher deals in London
- Simple sign-up process delivering a new ticket as quickly as 2 days from online order.
- Full flexibility of a subscription product that can be cancelled anytime with no notice or penalty fees.
- Over £300 of extra exclusive benefits with deals to Fitness First, Uber, Odeon, National Rail, Time Out, Just Eat, and more. See more details here https://www.commuterclub.co.uk/affiliates.php
So if you are a regular commuter on the underground, I would definitely recommend having a look at the CommuterClub website and seeing how much money you can save.